Pages

Monday 12 April 2021

Camp Series - Post 1 - Flying Kiwi

 Hello bloggers

Today I am going to tell you all about my Flying kiwi experience. Last week my class went on camp. We went to Waipara Adventure Camp .We had so much fun. My class had a variety of activities we got to do. The activities were a hour and half long. It seems a long time to be doing one activity but once you finish the instruction that takes about 20 minutes. 

Flying kiwi is where you get all harnessed up then the other people in your group pulls on a rope that is making you go up in the air. It is pretty fun, more like really fun. You get two turns. Your first turn is going straight up and down. Then your second turn is a choice - you do not have to do it. If you chose to have your second go you get a choose a fun way to get up the top.

 One way is to do the bum slider and that is where you sit on you bum and get pulled away. The second way to go up the top is to do the swing the swing is where you run up like you are trying to run into the tree but you will not get there. Then you get pulled up like you are on a big swing. The third way to go up is to do the spiral. The spiral is where you run in a circle and you get pulled up that way. You get pretty close to hitting a tree. I chose to do the second one that was the swing. 

Now that I saw my friend do the spiral I really want to do that again.


  


I learnt that you should alway trust the people who has the most knowledge. 

I overcame the trust of the people in my group 

📸Photos from Rimu Camp 📸

Have you been to Waipara Adventure Camp before? 

If you have did you enjoy it?  

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post